A couple weeks ago one of my friend Kirsten and her boyfriend hosted a little dinner party for a few of us. The food was seriously delicious! For dessert Kirsten made these chocolate pots, with homemade shortbread and mint chocolate dipped strawberries. I’m sure your mouth is watering just thinking about it! They’re the perfect end of week treat and are so easy to make!
You will need…
- 50g butter
- 300g milk chocolate
- 300ml double cream
- 6tbsp caramel sauce (I usually just buy the tinned stuff because its easier, but if I decide to make it I use this recipe)
- Sea salt
- On a very low heat melt together the butter and chocolate until fully smooth.
- Add in the cream and stir until fully combined.
- Measure about a tablespoon of caramel sauce into each ramekin, or whatever pot you’re using, so it covers the bottom (you can use more caramel if you like).
- Divide the chocolate mixture between the ramekins over the caramel.
- Refrigerate for half an hour then add a pinch of salt to the top of each, using as much as you like.
- Return the fridge for about an hour or until fully set and enjoy!
I might try swirling the chocolate mixture with Nutella or peanut butter next time instead of the caramel, or I might add a little peppermint extract to make mint chocolate pots, because who doesn’t love mint chocolate?!