Earlier this week I fancied doing a bit of baking, and so everyone at work could enjoy the cookies too I decided to try an easy vegan recipe I found on BBC. I did make a few changes to the recipe and this is what I came up with. They were definitely a hit and I might try adding in some orange zest or peppermint extract next time I make them!
- 400g/12oz self-raising flour
- 110g/4oz soft brown sugar
- 110g/4oz caster sugar
- 220g/8oz soya margarine
- 200g/3.5oz dark chocolate
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F/gas 5.
- Cream together the margarine and both types of sugar in a bowl.
- Add in the vanilla extract, flour and cinnamon and mix well.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and add to the mix.
- Using your hands mix in the chocolate and form a dough.
- Shape the dough into a long cylinder shape.
- Cut the dough in half and divide each half into roughly eight evenly sized pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball, place on a lined baking tray and flatten slightly, but not too much as they will spread out while baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the size until evenly browned.
- Leave to cool on the baking trays for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.