I recently found this recipe as I was going through the BBC Good Food website and I made a few changes but it’s definitely one to try if you’ve got a sweet tooth! To me they’re pretty much a home made version of a Ben’s cookie, and they’re amazing!
So here’s the recipe:
200g Caster sugar
100g softened butter
1tsp vanilla extract
225g plain flour
140g melted milk chocolate
85g milk chocolate chopped into chunks
85g white chocolate chopped into chunks
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas6 and line two baking trays with grease proof paper or parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, it will still be quite gritty even after its mixed together.
- Melt the milk chocolate and add half of it along with the vanilla extract, the egg, and the flour into the butter and sugar.
- Mix together until fairly well combined and stir in the chunks of chocolate and mix again.
- Roughly bring the cookie dough into a ball (I found using my hands worked better than a spoon)
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out even sized amounts of the dough, roll into balls and place on the baking trays but don’t flatten out.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until they’re golden brown, and just about look like they’re set in the middle.
- Allow to cool slightly on the tray then transfer to a wire rack and drizzle with the remaining melted chocolate.