140g self raising flour
140g caster sugar
140g softened butter
2 large eggs
1tsp baking powder
1 tin of caramel
125g softened butter
250g icing sugar
1 flake or chocolate for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 160C/ gas 4.
2. Cream together the butter and the sugar.
3. Add the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour and mix.
4. Mix in the remaining flour and baking powder, then once combined add the two bananas.
5. Divide the mix into a lined muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes or until springy to the touch and leave to cool.
6. Once cool, using a cupcake corer or a tea spoon create a hole in the middle of the cake, similar to if you were making butterfly cakes.
7. Spoon a little of the caramel into the hole made in the cake.
8. To make the icing, cream together the butter and icing sugar, then add the caramel to taste.
9. Ice the cupcakes with the caramel butter cream and decorate as you like. I crumbled a flake over the top.
These cakes are a serious crowd pleaser, and are great with a cup of tea! Enjoy!